Webometric Analyst contains numerous utilities and options that can be used for non-standard or enhanced analyses. These typically involve a combination of menu item functions. Some of the key functions are described below (see also the FAQ).
See also the document Introduction to Webometric Analyst - an overview for new users.
Not all features of Webometric Analyst are documented here - sorry. Many of the features are rarely used but the most common ones are referenced below.
Standard reports (links to other pages)
- Creating link network diagrams with wizards
- Creating link and colink network diagrams with the classic interface
- Creating web impact report with wizards
- Creating web impact report with the classic interface
- Creating link impact report with wizards
- Creating link impact report with the classic interface
- Creating network diagrams interactively
- Gaining over 1,000 results per search
- Modifying and printing networks in SocSciBot Network - see online documentation
- Searching YouTube
Network diagrams can be built site-by-site or page-by-page in SocSciBot Network, using its inbuilt menu and right-click menu options to download pages and add to the diagram the pages that they link to. For example, start Network from Webometric Analyst’s Show Network menu option in the File menu and start by deleting the default diagram by selecting Delete the Whole Network from the Edit menu. Now add a first page by selecting Add New Node from the Edit menu and entering the domain name cybermetrics.wlv.ac.uk as the node name. To add web pages linked to this one, select the new circle by dragging the mouse over it, and select Crawl (recursively download) from selected node(s) and add all links to diagram from the right-click menu. Enter the crawl depth 1 (just follow links from the page), leave the search text blank and wait for it to crawl and update the diagram. See the online documentation for Networks for more information.
If there are more than 1,000 results for a search then this is a problem due to the search engine 1,000 result URLs maximum. It is possible to gain extra matches using the “query splitting” technique.